Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer?

Everyone likes to talk about how teachers get their summers off.  Well lets just say that the students last day of school was over a month and a half ago and yesterday marked my first day of "break."  The reason is because myself and over 100 other educators worked a 6 week summer camp program for our district that engaged almost 1,000 of our students in a fun, engaging, hands on summer program(s) covering Pre-K through 8th grade.  Therefore, my "break" began yesterday.


I say "break" because as any good educator knows you spend your summer's preparing for the next school year.  Today, I am putting my finishing touches on five different professional development sessions that I am providing tomorrow at our districts Summer Splash.


The purpose of our districts Summer Splash is to splash our attendees with a variety of professional development during the summer. In hopes that it isn't so overwhelming during the school year and they can use what they learn during the remainder of their summer planning.


So for those that like to talk about how teachers get their summers off, I just want to say, bah!  All of the dedicated educators I know will be working the majority of their summer.  Okay now I better get back to work, thank goodness for today's technology I can do it from the comfort of my own home! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment