Thursday, June 27, 2013

My ISTE Experience


     This week I was fortunate enough to go to San Antonio for the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference, with two other Instructional Technology Coaches (ITC's).  We are some ambitious GeekGals and decided that while we were there we would get three credit hours of grad-credit  while we were at it.  When we arrived we did not know what we were getting ourselves into, this was our first ISTE experience.  When we arrived we checked in and began to explore the conference center and mapped out our sessions.  We were VERY overwhelmed, the conference center was HUGE and there were over 18,000 attendees.  


     Needless to say we survived the conference!  I am so thankful for this experience I have learned SO much in the past four days and built a lot of relationships.  The most important thing that I learned was how our students must feel with a new experience and being outside of their comfort zone.  I can now share this experience with my students and teachers.  With hard work, long hours, determination, and support of my GeekGals.  I was able to learn a lot that I am happy to take back to my district and complete my grad-credit all in 4 days.


     For future ISTE goers I recommend to take snacks (you might not get to eat), rest up (you will not sleep), bring Tylenol (you will get a head ache from information over load), bring tennis shoes (your sandals might break from running around the conference center),  and most of all set back and try to enjoy the ride (It will be over before you know it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment