Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Change


Change is a very difficult thing for many people.  However, change is inevitable.  Change happens all around us on a regular basis.  Currently, I am going through some major changes in my life; the death of a family member, "my" school is closing, summer is coming, I am graduating with my second masters, and much more.  All of these changes that are taking place has made me reflect on change in general and change with in education.  With change you will always have the good and the bad.


Why is it that changing a teachers instruction to incorporate technology seems so difficult?  The world is changing and students need technology in their everyday lives.  Our students are our future, and there future will have technology in it.  Therefore, we must learn to embrace change, especially with respect to technology.


In the school that I work at that is closing I have been able to witness a lot of change, as I stated earlier both the good and the bad.  I have been working with one teacher specifically to incorporate more technology into her classroom during the last two weeks of school and her students have blossomed.  Where I am seeing other classes that are struggling to keep it together for the last we weeks these students are starting to grow more than ever.  Isn't it amazing what change both big and small can do?  

No comments:

Post a Comment